Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Wonderful World of Dating

February 2006

So it's back to good ol' Craigslist again.

Don't know why I bother.

My mom says I should go to match.com

Cuz a paid dating site will probably have more professional men

Who may be less likely to be weird and/or just looking for sex

Yeah right

Since when did making $60,000 a year rule a person out

For being a psycho or an asshole?

I dunno...maybe she's right

Can't hurt to try it out...

But what if the guys on match.com are as dumb as the ones on CL?

Then I'll really be pissed

Cuz I paid good money to go out with assholes.

If a guy is gonna be an asshole, I'd much rather him pay to go out with me

Okay, not all the guys I've dated were assholes or weirdos

Some were just losers

Or players

Or unattractive

Or had "issues"

I'm pretty open-minded and accepting of people and their anomalies

So when I say issues, I mean ish-yoos!

Can't do it anymore

The older I get, the more fine-tuned my bullshit detector gets

And the less patience I have for other people's crap

I mean, we all have baggage

It's just a matter of deciding

Whether or not you can deal with the brand of baggage somebody's lugging

But I can no longer settle for relationships that don't meet my needs

And I'm really not an overly needy person

I just want a nice, reasonably attractive, intelligent guy

With ambition and a great sense of humor

Who has a car, a spot, a job and a life,

Who's basically happy, over his ex, not a commitment-phobe

And ready for whatever may happen between us

Is that too much to ask?

Yeah......

Maybe I need to give craigslist a break

Maybe good things really do come to those who wait

Problem with that is that I'm 35, not 25

Sad as it may sound

I don't wanna run out of time

That's why I post on Craigslist

Trying to give the ball of destiny a little push

But I can't get the fucker to move!

C'mon ladies, get behind this bitch with me...

1..2..3..

Damn!

Maybe I'll just get another cat

No comments:

Post a Comment