Thursday, December 31, 2009

Bonding in Water

Sunday, September 06, 2009

My son


When you were very small


You lived inside me


Just as I once lived inside my mother


In water


When my belly grew large


From carrying you


I often found comfort


In water


A hot bath


For relaxation


For pain relief


Or just because


For as long as I can remember


I have loved and found solace in water


Baths


Showers


The ocean


Creeks


Waterfalls


I find the sound of water


Bubbling over stones


As pleasant as a baby’s laugh


Now you


My little boy


You share the same love as I


Your face lights up


When I suggest a shower


Or a swim at the local pool


We take long, long baths


Sighing in pleasure


As our bodies first slide into the warm water


We sing


Splash


And play with toys


Sometimes we just sit and smile at each other


And of course we laugh


I am happy that you enjoy water so


I am happy


Just being with you


Perhaps one day you will bathe with your own son


And you will think of me


Now an old woman


And you will remember


How we once bonded in water

No comments:

Post a Comment