Thursday, December 31, 2009

Getting Over You

2006

Why is it so hard

Getting over you?

How is it

That after months

I still think of you often

And with mixed emotions?

Memories

I masturbate to the sexual ones

Cry over happy and sad ones

Cuss silently to myself

Over the ones that piss me off

We only dated a year

And it’s like I can’t get rid of you

No matter much I want to

And I admit sometimes I don’t want to

But most of the time nowdays I do

Most of the time I wish I never met you

You were a waste of my time

And not even my type

I’m liberal and laid back

Where you’re uptight and conservative

I love horror movies and hate action flicks

Whereas your tastes in movies is the reverse

I like talking about everything

You’re only comfortable talking about what’s on tv

And what you bought at the mall

And the list goes on

It’s crazy to me that I ever fell in love with you

But fall in love with you I did

I loved you so much it hurt to look at you

Even after a year

My heart would pound

Every time I was about to walk through your door

I loved being with you so much

That it didn’t matter if we watched action flicks all night

So long as I could be next to you

Now I wish I could erase all of it

So the pain would go away.

I’m tired of crying unexpectedly at odd moments

Like when I’m at work

Or in the shower

Or on the bridge

I’m sick of missing your arms around me

Your fingers in my hair

Your dick in my pussy

Your voice on the phone late at night

It sure as hell wasn’t all good between us

But that’s what it becomes in my head

When I’m missing you

And I’m sick and tired of missing you

Most of the time

I wish you would just go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment