Friday, May 14, 2010

In Case You Were Wondering....

And apparently you were since you're reading this
Yes, you really did hurt me
It wasn't so much the fact that you let me go
As it was the way that you went about it
I realize four months isn't a long time
But after all the deep conversations we had
All the time we spent
Sharing stories and ideas
Holding each other
Making love
(At least it was making love on my end)
I thought that if I knew only three things about you
They were that you were a communicator
A fair person
And my friend
Yet your actions at the "conclusion" of our...
Whatever-it-was
Made me realize that I'd been fooled once again
I always trust too much
Love too quickly
I thought this time it would be okay
I thought you were different
I even told a few people
"He's such a great guy
That even if we stop seeing each other,
I know we'll be friends."
I feel like such an idiot.
You prided yourself on being a communicator
I must say that for four months, you were pretty good at it
So imagine my shock when you literally disappeared off the face of the earth
I realize it's not an easy conversation to have
But how hard is it to break up with someone over the phone?
Did you really have to leave me hanging with a vague text message at one am?
And when I called you right after the text
I just knew you were sitting there
Watching my number flashing across your cell screen
Ignoring my call
And I knew that you knew that I knew
That you were ignoring my call
And that you didn't have enough of a heart to pick up the phone
And explain to me what was going on
Just days before, I'd been your baby
Now I was a nuisance
Honestly
You have no idea how much that hurt me
If you had told me directly that you were moving on
I would have been hurt
I would have cried and asked you why
But then I would have gone away like you wanted
I would have licked my wounds and then, when you were ready
We could have been friends
I wonder now who you really were
Did you ever really care about me the way I thought you did?
Or was I merely a piece of ass?
Apparently I need to stay in therapy
Cuz there's something seriously wrong with my picker
I nocticed that you were back on plentyoffish
Hope it was a good nut.
But I guess I was wrong for you anyway
You like tall, skinny girls
I will never be tall
And at my thinnest, I am slender but not at all waiflike
You like discussing politics and economics
I know nothing about either
As much as you ever pretended to like my individualistic artistic nature
You and I both know that if you took me around your Stanford friends
I'd embarrass you
Cuz I wouldn't be able to participate in their conversations about current world events
I think you need to start being honest with yourself and with women
Cuz if you were ever really looking for a long term relationship
You would have thought twice about letting me go
Deep down, you know I'm a good, sweet, loyal woman
A "foxhole chick", as you called me
A woman who will fight beside her man in the trenches
You know that I loved you
And you treated me wrong
That's why you still can't face me

No comments:

Post a Comment